Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Snake in a Bamboo Pole

On the Camino travel is like being a snake confined to a bamboo pole. i stay on the ttrail following the yellow arrows and scallop shells up and down hills, similarily, I have to resist the tempation to go mad and walk all day. The Roman legions rested every fourth day to allow the body to recover. I walk until noon and then kill an afternoon at a side walk cafe with a bottle of Rioja. Aches disappear with the morning mist. Along an empty stretch I got an earworm and relief until myself and fellow perigrinos belting out the Blues brother´s Ghost Riders in the Sky to the rows of grape vines - a mighty herd of red eyed cows a plowin´thru the sky´etc.
I´m haf a day east of Logrono and today´s alberque is a 12th century gothic church fortruss.

No comments:

Post a Comment